Saturday, April 21, 2007

When I was your age, all I had was a lead pencil and a wooden brain!

DEFINITION: A person who, using an example from their own life, steers people away from a line of speculation by reducing it to an absurdity.

When I was your age, all I had was a lead pencil and a wooden brain!

VERBOTICISMS: (Invented words created by the Verbotomy Writers)

Tangentvangelist: /tan-jent-van-jel-ist/ My sixth grade teacher was a tangentvangelist who answered every question with a reference to the black plague Etymology: tangent + evangelist Created by: porsche.

Anecdontalist: /an-eck-dohn-tul-ist/ for every hair brained sceme i came up with, grandpa had a story that would convince me to forget about it...he was a master anecdontalist Etymology: anecdote, don't Created by: rikboyee.

Anecdadalist: /an-ec-da-da-list/ "When I was younger I only had one pair of pants. They were purple plaid flares and all the other kids made fun of me. And when you bring up the subject of pants, I think of that and then I get all worried that I'm still just the kid with the proverbial purple plaid flares and you're such an angel of miraculous beauty. I'm going to go lay down now because I'm upset. I don't think I can go out to dinner tonight until I feel validated as a man again... you know... sexually." She sighed, realizing she should have known better than to ask Jim, the master anecdadalist, if she looked fat in these pants. Etymology: anecdotalist + Dada (an art movement that used nonsense to challenge ideas and concepts) Created by: playdohheart.

Fishstorian: /fish-stor-ee-un/ My dad, the dontor, was a great fishstorian, luring me away from any prospect by telling tales of "back in the day" when he chose that option. Etymology: fish story, historian Created by: toadstool57.

To see more verboticisms for this definition go to:
http://www.verbotomy.com/verboticisms.php?jid=wrang

Be Creative,

James

www.verbotomy.com
the create-a-word game

No comments: