Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sure, I'd love to talk...

DEFINITION: A person who immediately answers all cell phone calls, then chats on and on, leaving the people they're with, hanging.

Sure, I'd love to talk...

VERBOTICISMS: (Invented words created by the Verbotomy Writers)

Cellfish: /sell-fish/ When he started taking calls from telemarketers during intimate moments, I realized that he wasn't that into me and was really quite cellfish. Etymology: cell phone, selfish Created by: purpleartichokes.

Cellout: /cell-out/ Brian's rudeness was abounding. Whenever he got a call, he would cellout, totally ignoring the person he was with. Cellout behaviour is the twenty-first century's virtual slap in the face. Cellout is uncivil, uncultured, boorish, tasteless, insensitive, disrespectful, ill-mannered, loutish, discourteous and just damn plain rude and impolite. Etymology: cell + sell out Created by: Stevenson0.

Cellphcentered: /self-sen-turd/ Jack was so cellphcentered that he had his cell phone surgically attached to his ear Etymology: cell phone + self centered ( really implies cell phone centered) Created by: Jabberwocky.

Ringslave: /-ˈɹɪŋsleɪv-/ I worry about becoming a ringslave because I do answer the phone almost immediately every time it rings, but I think my humanity may be saved by the fact that I seem incapable of carrying on a conversation that lasts more than 30 seconds over the phone. Etymology: From ring + slave Created by: ErWenn.

To see more verboticisms for this definition go to:
http://www.verbotomy.com/verboticisms.php?jid=yak

Be Creative,

James

www.verbotomy.com
the create-a-word game

No comments: