Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I can't believe you forgot my birthday! Whaaa!

DEFINITION: To remember those special personal events, like your spouse's birthday, or your wedding anniversary, while nevertheless forgetting to take appropriate action, like getting a gift, or a card, or flowers.

I can't believe you forgot my birthday! Whaaa!

VERBOTICISMS: (Invented words created by the Verbotomy Writers)

Thinket: /think-eht/ My husband thought about getting me a trinket for my birthday, but all I ended up getting was a thinket. Perhaps he got fuggitful or forgiftful, because later he got doghousen syndrome. Etymology: trinket, think Created by: purpleartichokes.

Verbration: /vur-brey-shuhn/ It was another special occasion when Susie celebrated Joey's Birthday with a verbration. Verbration is the all talk, no action, giftless celebration. "Besides", Susie said during her verbration, "it's the good vibrations that count, not the gift." Etymology: verbalize + celebration Created by: Stevenson0.

Comissmemorate: /com-miss-MEM-o-rate/ Benny comissmemorated my birthday this year by organising a special surprise -- a beautifully wrapped, yet empty box. Etymology: commemorate (to remember a significant event with a ceremony) + miss (to fail -and also the middle of the word omission) + commiserate (sympathize with - what my girlfriends will do when I tell them about Benny the rat) Created by: petaj.

Commehmorate: /com-MEH-more-ate/ Bobby couldn't wait to get a wonderful present for their six day anniversary but Susan commehmorated it. Etymology: commemorate + "meh" (a sound expressing "whatever") Created by: playdohheart.

To see more verboticisms for this definition go to:
http://www.verbotomy.com/verboticisms.php?jid=cry

Be Creative,

James

www.verbotomy.com
the create-a-word game

No comments: